2006 Vilm 39' (11.89 m) 117
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
his Beautiful Vilm 117 is a rare offering and has been kept in beautiful condition. Adding fresh pictures 8/18.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: DE-INS11721I506
This Beautiful Vilm 117 is a rare offering and has been kept in beautiful condition.
Adding fresh pictures 8/18.
Recent updated Canvas, Chartplotter and Autopilot.
When boarding the boat you are immediately met with the feel of quality and sturdiness. The decks are easy to move around and nicely secured with a solid stainless rails around the aft deck and lifelines forward. Stepping down into the center cockpit pilothouse you're met with a beautifully finished cockpit station forward with deep comings between the aft cabin and the forward companionway. The quality of the carpentry throughout the boat along with the strength of build seen belowdecks needs to be seen in person to truly appreciate.
Please see the full specs tab to see all of the equipment and specification details.
A write up from Cruising world -
The Vilm 117 offers exceptional comfort and performance. Built in Lauterbach on the Baltic island of Rügen, the Vilm 117 is beautifully crafted and has a level of excellence usually found only on custom boats. The builder has promoted the boat as a 90/90 motorsailer meaning that the boat offers 90 percent of the performance of both a motorsailer and sailboat. Her designer, Georg Nissen, believes in keeping the virtues of a full blown racing design separate from that which is meant to safely "around the capes". In their performance tests, Cruising World had high praise for many of the features and details of the boat, including her excellent stability in a seaway, the quietness of her engine, performance under sail and the well thought out layout that beckons "blue water".
As stated in the brochure, " The Vilm 117 is a superb mid-sized blue water cruiser. She is fast, comfortable, and extremely seaworthy and is built to withstand the rough conditions of the North Sea. The Vilm 116 is approved for category A (open ocean) and is suitable for circumnavigation but offers shallow draft for coastwise exploration. All materials, fittings, and equipment meet or exceed CE as well as German Lloyd's specifications, the most stringent boat building standards in the world."
LOA: 39' 5'' (12.01 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 12' 2''
LWL: 32' 8''
Draft Max: 5' 0''
Single Berths: 2
Double Berths: 2
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Ballast Weight: 7800 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Volvo Penta
- Engine Model: D2 55
- Engine Year: 2006
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 55.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
L-shaped galley located to starboard at the base of the companionway steps. The galley will please even the most discriminating chef. There is excellent storage and food preparation areas for preparing gourmet meals at the dock or under way
- Two Deep Stainless Steel Sinks With Covers
- Custom Sink Cover Storage Along The Bulkhead Above The Sinks
- Single Lever Stainless Steel Faucet
- Hand Pump For Salt Water
- Eno Gimbaled Stainless Steel
- Two Burner Stove With Stainless Steel Oven
- Electric Propane Solenoid System
- Frigoboat Top Loading Freezer
- Frigoboat Top Loading Refrigeration
- 12v Refrigerator With Small Freezer Under-Counter
- Samsung Microwave Oven
- Formica Countertops With Fiddles
- Ample Countertop, Storage Drawers, And Cabinets
- 18 gallon water heater
- Raymarine Chartplotter 2022
- Simrad IS12 Depth
- Simrad IS12 Speed
- Simrad IS12 Wind speed/ Direction
- Raymarine autopilot 2022
- Sidepower bow thruster
- Windlass up/ down control at helm
- Volvo MD 55 - 55 hp main engine
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- Aqua drive system for shaft alignment
- Single lever engine control
- Marine power 110v 3.5KW generator powered from main engine
- Sidepower Bow thruster
- Hydraulic Steering
Hull & Deck
- Hull rub rail
- Solid fiberglass hull and deck
- Lead keel
- Skeg hung rudder for support and prop protection
- Dog house is solid fiberglass
- Four heavy-duty tempered glass windows forward and to sides
- Heavy-duty pantograph windshield wipers
- Raised deck bulwarks capped by teak toe rails
- SS bow rail with open step on center
- SS stern rail with split center for easy access to the swim platform
- SS grab rails on deck and coachroof
- Six oversized bow, midships, and stern cleats
- Double lifelines with gates to P&S
- Twin teak corner seats on transom
- Swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass
- Six deck hatches
- Stazo wood spoke steering wheel
- Removable cockpit table with two leaves
- Removable, single companion seat for port side
- Aft and Fwd Varnished, louvered Companionways drop conveniently into integrated storage tracks
- Heavy duty, removable, stainless steel dinghy davits
- Stainless steel bow anchor guard on hull
- Stainless steel plow anchor
- Bow anchor wash down socket
- Stern wash down faucet
- Stainless steel anchor swivel
- 200' 5/16" Stainless steel HT anchor chain
- Outboard bracket
- Radar reflector
- Coast Guard safety package
- Emergency Tiller
- Removable cockpit heeling brace
Sails and Rigging
- In-Mast roller furling mainsail
- Nordic Mast - double spreaders - deck stepped
- Furlex genoa furler
- 130% Furling Jib (2014)
- Nordic Mast rigid boom vang
- Windex at masthead
- Spinnaker halyard
- Spinnaker pole topping lift
- Cruising Spinnaker
- Two Lewmar ST #48 winches for genoa sheets
- One Lewmar ST #16 mainsheet
- Two Lewmar ST # 16 on mast for halyards
- Anchor washdown on foredeck
- Hot and cold pressure water shower on stern deck
- Fresh water tank is 316 grade stainless steel
- Eight gallon hot water tank
- Water heated by engine heat exchanger and by 110AC shore power
- Two electric and one manual bilge pump
- Jabsco manual marine toilet
- Tankwatch4 holding tank level indicator
- Holding tank is stainless steel
- Valve available for holding tank discharge at sea
- Sea chest stand pipe for pump discharge to minimize through hulls
- Shower drains to sump box with integral float and pump
- Bronze through hulls
- Hand pump and pressure faucet at head vanity
- Sea water faucet at the galley sink
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
222 Severn Ave
Annapolis Maryland 21403
Born and raised in Cambridgeshire, England, Lloyd developed a love of boating early on. His passion sparked from spending many family holidays traveling the inland waterways on Narrowboats as well as boating to Dartmouth on the southwest coast and up and down the east coast of England.
As a young man, Lloyd received the opportunity to move to the East Coast of the United States and he jumped at it. When he landed in Annapolis, Maryland, a town well known for boating, he realized there was nowhere he would rather be than in the yachting industry. Quickly learning the ins and outs of the business, he started as an equipment operator in boatyards before moving on to private fleet management, yacht deliveries, running his own yacht management company and finally working as a Yacht broker. He has been lucky to have logged many sea miles on a broad range of power and sailing yachts over the years between the US and throughout the Caribbean.
Now a seasoned Yacht Broker Lloyd has accumulated a vast knowledge of many power and sailing yachts over the years. He has worked on a diverse range of yacht projects, besides typical power/ sail they include Custom builds, classic, Downeast, wooden sail, wooden power, cold molded and Aluminum yachts.
His diverse background and hands-on experience in so many aspects of the yachting industry have allowed him to understand and fulfill clientâs needs when it comes to finding their perfect yacht. Lloyd considers himself a consultant in the yacht purchase process, placing heavy importance on accomplishing all his clientsâ purchase goals.