2006 J Boats 41' (12.50 m) J/124
Rockland, Maine, United States
“From its large carbon wheel to the fine cherry and teak joiner work and Ultra-Suede upholstery below, or simply by the smooth, graceful way it slides through the water, the J/124 is every bit a sailing yacht in the best sense of the word. One that is a joy to sail in all conditions with minima
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: PCX12405K506
“From its large carbon wheel to the fine cherry and teak joiner work and Ultra-Suede upholstery below, or simply by the smooth, graceful way it slides through the water, the J/124 is every bit a sailing yacht in the best sense of the word. One that is a joy to sail in all conditions with minimal crew and with rare need to employ the auxiliary diesel engine.” ~ J/124 Brochure
With a new Awlgrip paint job in 2021 new Quantum sails in 2018, Bel Canto presents beautifully and sails just as remarkably. Primary, secondary and halyard winch are all electrified and a hydraulic autopilot, the vessel is also easily sailed shorthanded.
Official Number: 1194362
LOA: 40' 9'' (12.42 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 11' 3''
LWL: 36' 2''
Draft Max: 7' 0''
Head Room: 6' 0''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters)
Fresh Water: 35 Gallons (132.49 Liters)
Holding Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Displacement: 12600 lbs
Ballast Weight: 5100 lbs
Dry Weight: 12600
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3JH4-E
- Engine Year: 2006
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Sail
- Power HP: 40.00
- Power KW: 29.83
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 600.00
- Engine Location: Middle
Hull and Deck
- Fiberglass hull and decks
- White Awlgriped hull ~ 2021
- Flag Blue boot stripe ~ 2021
- Gold cove stripe ~ 2021
- Light Grey hard ablative bottom paint
- Fin keel with bulb
- Spade rudder
- Stern-mounted swim ladder
- Light gray nonskid decks
- White painted port and starboard toe rails
- Bow and stern pulpits
- Double lifelines
- Port, starboard, and stern boarding gates
- Stainless steel cleats; stern, mid ship and bow (port an starboard)
- Stainless steel bow chalks (port and starboard)
- Stainless steel water, fuel and waste deck fills
- USCG approved running, steaming and anchor lights
- Large 12' Cockpit (seating for 8 people) made secure with 14” high backrests and seats that are long enough to sleep on
- Cockpit cushions (Navy Blue)
- Port and starboard seat lockers
- Large starboard lazarette locker for holding gear, lines etc.
- Stainless steel dodger frame with dodger
- Edson pedestal steering system with Lewmar carbon Y-Spoke wheel- 55" diameter
- Emergency tiller
- High-capacity diaphragm manual pump controlled from the cockpit
- Engine panel in cockpit
- Ritchie compass mounted in front of helm station Sunbrella wheel and helm station cover (Navy) ~ 2019
- Self-bailing cockpit and guttered steering well
- Custom teak ensign staff with U.S. flag and stainless-steel socket
- Light and ventilation provided by (3) Lewmar hatches
- (3) Opening ports
Sails and Rigging
- Rigging type - fractional sloop
- Hall Spars carbon mast (Awlgripped white above hull deck, black below deck in cabin
- Aluminum Hall Spars boom
- Hall rigid boom vang
- Harken genoa lead car system
- Stainless steel rod rigging
- Quantum classic battened mainsail with Dutchman flake furling ~ 2019
- Quantum fore triangle jib ~ 2019
- (3) Spinnakers ~ light use
- Two mainsail reef points
- Navtec back-stay hydraulic adjuster with gauge
- Roll genoa Harken furling and reefing system
- (2) Lewmar 48 electric self tailing primary winches
- (2) Lewmar 44 electric self tailing secondary winches
- (1) Lewmar 44 electric self tailing halyard winch
- (1) Lewmar 44 self tailing spinnaker winch
- Split main sheet leads go under the deck to winches just forward of the helm, and the Harken traveler, on the cockpit sole
- Raymarine E80 multifunction display
- Raymarine autopilot
- Raymarine RS150 GPS antenna
- (2) Raymarine Tridata display
- Raymarine Wind display
- Raymarine Race Master wireless displays
- Raymarine E80 multifunction display
- West Marine VHF500dsc marine VHF
- Full AC and DC instrument panels
- (2) House batteries ~ 2022
- (1) Start battery
- Xantrex Link LITE battery monitor systems
- Battery charging system (shore power)
Mechanical and Steering
- 40 HP Yanmar diesel engine
- Yanmar sail drive
- Racor fuel filtering system
- 2-Blade Flex-o-Fold 18" folding prop
- Raritan head with holding tank, Y valve
- 1 Sump bilge pump down at bottom of the sump
- Manual whale pump water extraction system (located in cockpit)
- Water heater
The cabin below offers a comfortable forward V-berth, a spacious dinette area a compact galley and a roomy enclosed head with a shower.
- Satin finish cherry wood interior with molded liner
The Galley area is to port with a propane stove top, polished stainless-steel sink and outboard storage. There is easy access to the top-loading ice and electric (Sea Frost) refrigerator which also serves as a stand-up chart table. The navigation station is to starboard with the enclosed automatic flush head aft of it.
- Satin finish cherry storage cabinets
- Stainless steel sink, freshwater foot pump
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Top-loading ice box with Seafrost 12V refrigeration
- Force 10 2-Burner propane stove with broiler
- Hot water heating system
- V-berth with storage cabinets and drawers port and starboard side
- Forward stateroom with solid cherry doors
- Aft stateroom with solid cherry privacy door
- Sump pump
- Hot and cold pressure S.S. sink
- Storage cabinets with sliding mirror fronts
- Manual flush head with Y-valve and 30 gallon holding tank
- Faux teak and holly strips cabin sole
- AC outlets located in cabin areas
Represented by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB)
A Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) is recognized as having achieved the highest level of industry accreditation, available only to fully-qualified yacht sales professionals. The CPYB program is administered by Yacht Brokers Association of America in partnership with Florida Yacht Brokers Association, Northwest Yacht Brokers Association, California Yacht Brokers Association, Boating Ontario Dealers, British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association and Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association.
The CPYB program is also endorsed by the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA) Marine Industry Certified Dealership (MICD) program and leading yacht manufacturers as a key component of their own industry standards; the highest level of achievement for their member yacht sales professionals.
Experience & Validity
The CPYB designation is earned by eligible yacht sales professionals, who, after serving a minimum of three years as a full-time professional, have successfully completed a comprehensive written examination to validate professional competency.
A CPYB is committed to their personal and professional development through continuing education, as mandated for CPYB recertification every three years.
Ethics & Standards
A CPYB adheres to, and is accountable to, a nationally recognized Code of Business Ethics and conducts yacht sales transactions in accordance with a stringent set of industry standards of practice.
A CPYB maintains a dedicated escrow/trust account to protect their client’s funds. A CPYB understands their fiduciary responsibility and obligations with respect to client funds.
A CPYB uses proven, industry-recognized transaction documents, which fully and clearly describe all terms and conditions of a transaction.
Honesty & Integrity
A CPYB maintains the highest standards of professionalism, acting with honesty and integrity.
Trust & Confidence
A CPYB instills confidence, trust and consistency in all transactions involving fellow yacht sales professionals for the benefit of the client.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Scott Woodruff, CPYB
Yacht Broker, CPYB
Scott makes his passion his career. Growing up in a sailing family, Scott was on yachts from an early age cruising Block Island Sound as well as the Maine Coast. Upon entering college, he started racing and was introduced to dinghy sailing where he honed his skills. After college Scott joined the Living Classroom Foundation in Baltimore originally as a volunteer and then as an employee where he taught sailing to inner city youth, assisted with their boat building program and met his wife of 22 years, Alex.
Returning to Maine in 1998, Scott started his professional career in the yachting industry by taking a job with Sun Yachts in Camden, Maine as a Sales Agent. From Camden, Maine Scott worked his way up through the ranks as he moved to Portland, Maine as the Crewed Yacht Supervisor for Stardust. Then on to Tortola in the British Virgin Islands for 7 Years as the Caribbean Yacht Sales Manager for Sunsail. He then moved to Ft Lauderdale, Florida to take on the position of Global Sales Manager for Leopard Catamarans for 7 years. In 2014 Scott returned home again with his family and joined East Coast Yacht Sales taking over the Camden Office and then opening a second office in Belfast, ME.
Scott knows the yachting industry. Having represented and worked with many of the industry leading manufacturers, traveling globally to work with factories on build projects, and working with many of the industryâs leading designers, Scott is well positioned to help buyers and sellers navigate the buying/selling process.